Planning a House Party
Take it from us – party planning is a lot of work. Even just a house party can feel overwhelming.
We get it – that’s why we created this House Party Planning Checklist.
A good rule of thumb is to start with the need-to-haves and then move on to the nice-to-haves. For example, you need to have chairs, though it would be nice to have chairs with cushions and name tags.
And please… don’t forget that a perfect party does not exist. It really doesn’t. A fun party that creates amazing memories though? That absolutely does exist. Here’s where to start:
Define the Party:
- What’s the reason for the party? (birthday, engagement, holiday)
- When will the party be?
- How many people will you invite?
- What type of party will it be? (dinner, brunch, cocktail)
- Mark a date
- Make a list of people to invite
- Send out invitations (with an RSVP-by date)
- Plan a menu (including drinks and cocktails!)
- From your RSVPs, make a list of how many people you will need to have place settings, napkins, and food for
- Decide where your food will come from (Will it be catered? Will you make it? What can you make ahead of time? What can you buy from the bakery? What can you have your friends bring?)
- Make a list of equipment needed (tables, chairs, heaters, linens)
- Plan music
- Plan lighting
- Plan decorations (centerpieces, florals, candles)
- Gather supplies (cooler, trash bags, gas for heaters or grill, beverages, cocktail garnishes, salt and pepper, cream and sugar, cocktail napkins, dishwashing soap, club soda)
Day of Party:
- Pick up ice
- Clean the house (put away anything that could easily break or that has too much sentimental value to part with)
- Set the table or plan the buffet line flow (plates, napkins, cups, name tags, silverware)
- Shower, change, and delegate out any last minute tasks that did not get done
- Lastly, set the food and drinks out (don’t forget to throw the drinks over ice!)
Recent Posts / View All Posts
Getting the Most Bang for Your Buck 7 THINGS YOUR RENTAL COMPANY WISHES YOU KNEW Wondering what you can do to make your rental process go as smoothly as possible?…
Red, White, Blue (and Uncle Sam Approved!) Nothin’ says summer quite like the 4th of July. The barbecues, good old-fashioned backyard fun, ice cold beers, and explosives… all in the…
Aspen Wedding Guide’s Annual Spring Wedding & Event Industry Mixer and Showcase Playtime for Industry Folks Last Wednesday, June 7th, we were a proud sponsor of the Aspen Wedding Guide’s Annual…
Tenting as Unique as Your Event 5 Ways to Dress Up Our Tents Tenting is more than just a cover over your guests. It is a canvas to express the…